more on x86_64

Justin M. Forbes 64bit_fedora at comcast.net
Mon Dec 22 20:03:15 UTC 2003

On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 12:50:04AM -0700, jason pearl wrote:
> card works too...mozilla opens and then closes. ok ummm i had the
> realtek card installed and i made a boot cd from the boot.iso file at
> http://fedora.linux.duke.edu/fc1_x86_64/Fedora/ then when it asks where
> i want the files from i chose http then it automatically found my card.
> then i put fedora.linux.duke.edu on the first line and directory i put
> fc1_x86_64/Fedora and the install went smoothly from there.. i did have
> to tell it that i had a dell monitor for some reason.

Please see the mozilla piece on the faq
(http://www.linuxtx.org/amd64faq.html) There are issues with the 64bit
mozilla, they are being worked out in the background, but as you cannot run
32bit plugins in 64bit mozilla, FC1 should only ship with 32bit.  On the
preview both are installed, but the FAQ will point you to the fix to
default to 32bit.  As for monitor detection, this is a 64bit issue as a
whole, and probably will not be fixed any time soon.

Justin