Instant Gigahertz NIC Linksys EG1032

Karen Spearel kas11 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Dec 27 18:00:25 UTC 2003

Alton Bailey wrote:

> I'm  currently upgrading my network to Gigabit data transfer, I install (
> linksys EG1032 ) on my Fedora box and use the installation from the cd that
> comes with the Nic Card and i got an error during the setup. I am using
> Kernel 2.6.0.1.104 and also the original 2.4.22.0.2115 up to 2135
> when I try to setup the NIC with Kernel 2.6.0.1.104 this NIC is not
> supported.
> and for kernel 2.4.22.0.2115 up to 2135  I got an error too and I include an
> attachment.
>
> could some one look into this problem

The Linksys vendor ID and a device ID of 0x1032 show up in the
SysKonnect 98 source...googling elsewhere indicates that the Natsemi
83821 chip used on at least 1 rev of that card is based on the Marvell
Yukon design which this driver does support...so it seems probable that
the sk98lin driver included in FC1 ought to work.  Give it a shot and
let us know.

HTH,
Karen