A Newbie with 2135 and trying to install NVIDIA 4496 or 5328

jason pearl jpearl24 at cox.net
Mon Dec 29 15:19:07 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-29 at 00:40, Scott Blackman wrote:
> Keith Goode wrote:
>
> >OK, this is how far I have got and can't get any further...  Help!
> >Arghhhhh!
> >
> >I put the system at runlevel at 3, logged in as root, and ran the .run
> >pkg for either the 4496 or 5328..  No matter what, it tells me it does
> >not know where my kernel (or I need to recompile...) is and wants me to
> >include --kernel-include-path...
> >I know I have 2135, but, does anyone know what I am supposed to do?
> >
> >This is the first time I have ever run Linux at all, and I do not know
> >anything!  At least the Fedora installation went easy enough for me to
> >understand, I even kept Windows 2000 on board!
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Keith Goode

you have to have the kernel source  installed for the version of the
kernel you are using for ex. 2.4.22-1.2135.nptl #1 Mon Dec 15 16:05:26
EST 2003 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

use uname -a in terminal to find out what u have .. im sure u already
know then install 5328 again... with 2115 it whould have worked
flawlessly ... i have nvidia installed now on the 2235 with 5328 :)..

--
jason pearl <jpearl24 at cox.net>