request for gnome 2.3.x RPMs

Marius Andreiana mandreiana at rdslink.ro
Mon Jul 21 17:03:07 UTC 2003

Hi

As you know the new red hat beta doesn't bring too much new stuff for
desktop users. I was hoping for gnome 2.3.x and open office 1.1rc1.

But we also can change that. RHL enters feature-freeze on august 8.
Gnome 2.4 final should be available on september 10, 5 days before last
rhl-beta release.
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.3/
http://rhl.redhat.com/participate/schedule/

So at the begining of August we would have to know gnome 2.3.x major and
normal bugs. We would have to start using gnome 2.3.x on rhl-beta and,
if time allows, walk through bugzilla.gnome.org to help with bug
sorting.

Therefore I'm making a request for gnome 2.3.x RPMs for rhl-beta ( or
even shrike ), so more desktop-orientented users could test them.
Is anyone willing to build them asap ( and also has the resources and
knowledge for this ) ?

See what would be new in nautilus for example :
http://www.gnomedesktop.org/article.php?sid=1198

Thank you,
--
Marius Andreiana
Soluţii informatice bazate pe Linux / Linux-based IT solutions