IO error during install

listman at depfyffer.com listman at depfyffer.com
Tue Jul 22 15:11:09 UTC 2003

Ok, Ive gone through this before with Linux installs but don't remember
how I solved it.
I have an asus A7N266-VM motherboard (yes I know not totally Linux friendly)
20 gig WD set to master on IDE 1
internal plextor 40x12x40 set to master on IDE 2

during install I get an IO error on F3 and can see hdc atapi reset
complete on F4 (not sure if thats exactly what it says, I'm at work right
now)
I think the last time I went through this I set the cd-rom to CS instead
of master. Can any one give me some advice on how to solve this (if
setting to CS doesn't fix it) or find out what is causing this. I do not
have any problems installing several different versions of that other OS.

Thanks for you help