Fonts

Michel Alexandre Salim mas118 at york.ac.uk
Wed Jul 23 12:06:46 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 11:57, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 09:38, Marc Deslauriers wrote:
> > > Do you have the bitstream-vera-fonts package installed?
> One thing that is puzzling is that even after installing
> bitstream-vera-fonts, the Bitstream fonts do *not* appear in any font
> listings. I had to manually run fc-cache in
> /usr/share/fonts/bitstream-vera, and even after that they are still not
> active.

Ah, found a solution. I had to delete /usr/share/fonts/fonts.cache-1 and
re-run fc-cache as root. Going to file a bug on this... should it go
under bitstream or fontconfig?

Another problem with fonts: according to /etc/fonts/fonts.conf,
Bitstream Vera fonts should be preferred for Sans, Serif and Mono - but
they are not (Sans is still set to Luxi Sans, for instance). I even
tried reinstalling using an 'All' setup and such is still the case. What
gives?

Regards,

Michel