Graphical boot isn't so graphical

Anthony Joseph Seward anthony.seward at ieee.org
Wed Jul 23 21:20:43 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 14:43, Benjamin Vander Jagt wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 14:09, Anthony Joseph Seward wrote:
> > Just go to console 1 during the graphical boot.  The text stuff is still
> > there.
> >
> > Tony
>
> Oh yeah, I forgot, I did that and my computer didn't go into X.  I
> haven't had that problem since then, but I've only tried booting one
> more time...  (I'm a little surprised it's on screen 1 (ctrl-alt-F8).
> why not screen 0, then kill it b4 starting whatever kind of screen X is
> configured to use?)

What do you mean 'didn't go into X?'  During the boot process I can go
back and forth between screen 1 and console 1 with no problem.  When I
stay in console 1 GDM comes up on screen 0.  If that doesn't work for
you I would say you should file a bugzilla report.

Tony
--
Anthony Joseph Seward <anthony.seward at ieee.org>