Network install failure

Tudor Popescu top at warp.ro
Wed Jul 23 21:26:51 UTC 2003

Hello,

I believe that in order to do a HTTP or FTP install you need to have the
extracted isos -

however, I too had a problem while trying to FTP install from mounted iso
images
(disc1, disc2, disc3). Looking at the ftp logs showed that the install
program
(after succesfully loading stage2), right when searching for the first
packet
(glibc-common I believe) was trying to access a directory named
/ftp/pub/mirrors/ftp.redhat.com/linux/beta/severn/en/disc1/disc1 (note the
extra disc1).

Using the rh_extract_iso.sh script to extract all isos into one 'os'
directory
and restarting install worked though.

--
Tudor Popescu