zero for severn

Joe Smith jes at martnet.com
Wed Jul 23 23:51:45 UTC 2003

Wow, several showstoppers for me in Severn:

Wouldn't boot after install (just boots to grub prompt).

Boot floppy boots to firstboot, but mouse & keyboard are non-functional.
  Ctrl-Backspace kills X; shutdown from gdm login.

Next attempt, firstboot comes up, I Ctrl-Alt-F1 to text login, then CAF7
back to firstboot, now mouse and keyboard are ok.  Complete setup and
login through gdm.

CD (IDE burner/DVD combo, which worked fine for install) is set up wrong
and completely non-functional.  Data cd's won't mount automatically or
manually and audio cds won't play.

Should I just Bugzilla these?  I know the grub problem was in RH9,
because I had the same thing happen.  The 'fix' was to downgrade grub to
the rpm from RH8, and I found this discussed on the net so I wasn't
alone.  I checked Bugzilla yesterday and found three bugs under 'grub',
none of which were this one.  I hate to contribute more noise when
things are known and I hate to spend my time on a bug report that's ignored.

Severn looks nice though ;-)

<Joe