Graphical boot isn't so graphical

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Thu Jul 24 01:17:41 UTC 2003

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 07:18:14PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> I'd say the objectives derive from an overall vision of a "mainstream
> general-purpose operating system," and I don't think that basic vision
> is likely to change; so objectives that conflict with it aren't likely
> to be added.

Should add a couple of caveats to that vision, which are also listed
on the objectives page. We want Red Hat Linux to be leading edge and
frequently updated, and it's intended to contain a broader variety of
software some of which may be niche or
not-yet-ready-for-wide-audience. So it does have some bias toward
users who want latest-and-greatest stuff and want to try out a range
of software (have more choices), even if not all the software is
"fully productized."

Havoc