2.6.0-test1 kernel? gcc 3.3 compiler?

jbinpg at shaw.ca jbinpg at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 24 22:33:35 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com>
Date: Thursday, July 24, 2003 10:27 pm
Subject: Re: 2.6.0-test1 kernel?  gcc 3.3 compiler?

> Alan Cox (alan at redhat.com) said:
> > > USB1 module. I also had to take settings from
> /etc/modules.conf to
> > > /etc/modprobe.conf  This was especially annoying since I use a USB
> >
> > There is a script with the 2.5 module tools to generate a conf
> file from
> > your existing one. It knows some of the name changes but submit
> others> to Rusty Russell
>
> It should be run on installation of the new modutils, but only once.
> If it's not working, that's a bug.

Bill - Perhaps I don't understand the process. How about those of us who have a play box where the hardware config changes a lot with time? Should not the script be run everytime it detects a diff between the most recent modules.conf and the modprobe.conf? Or something like that anyway. Seems that it should be trying to pick up changes more frequently anyway.

jb