Batch mode for adduser

Ethan Bonick etbonick at networkinggeeks.com
Fri Jul 25 18:36:05 UTC 2003

I would like to request a newusers like program that will take plain text
passwords and encrypt them so the program could be useful. Newusers
leavesthe password in plaintext which is not secure at all. I have created
a script that does this same kind of function but it only works on RedHat
because other distro's dont compile with the same options. Check it out on
www.networkinggeeks.com/scripts.html If anyone knows how to rewrite
newusers to crypt the password it would be a wonderful addition. In my
Linux classes we went over the newusers command but deemd it useless
because it wont crypt the passwords. Does anyone else feel this would be a
very useful utility?

--
Ethan Bonick
etbonick_AT_networkinggeeks.com