Taroon annoyance

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Sat Jul 26 02:25:06 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 18:37, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Friday 25 July 2003 15:23, Rick Johnson wrote:
> > This happened well over 10 times during the entire install for me.
>
> The problem is that AS and WS share the same disk2 and 3, but different
> disk 1s.  Because of the order the RPMS have to be installed in, this
> can lead to the multiple swapping of disks.  Some work _might_ be able
> to be done to lower the number of swaps, but *shrug*

I wonder why they decided to use the same disk2 and disk3 for both
versions?  Wouldn't it have been simpler to make each version a separate
distro, using the normal procedure for determining the order of the
disks?  Then there would be no swapping necessary, just like RHL[P].  Or
am I missing some major point here?

--Jeremy

| Jeremy Portzer       jeremyp at pobox.com       trilug.org/~jeremy     |