2.6.0-test2 kernel freezes upon booting

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 28 13:11:37 UTC 2003

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Alan Cox wrote:

> >   ide-floppy driver 0.99.newide
> >   hda: 8032MB, CHS=1024/255/63
> >   hda:
> >          [total lockup here, with disk activity light on solid]
>
> You built with the legacy HD driver not the IDE driver.

dang, you're right, but that's kind of surprising since i've
never selected that option before and i certainly had no need
to select it now.

and when i looked closely at my .config file, it didn't seem
to bear a strong resemblance to what i had actually selected
thru "make menuconfig".

since i haven't built my nvidia driver yet, i was just using
"make menuconfig", but the interface seemed to be constantly
messed up just a little -- as if it continually needed a refresh
to get things back in place.

and my .config file showed options that i *know* i didn't select.
so this is a bit of a mystery.  thanks for the info.

rday