PHP4 + Apache2 = Experimental

Lance Davis lance at uklinux.net
Tue Jul 29 17:11:16 UTC 2003

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Marc Richards wrote:

> > I had no problems at all with PHP and Apache2. For what I know, it is
> widely used, although it may be labeled "experimental" I think it is quite
> reliable.
>
> > Note that PHP 4.3.2 (which was released by the end of May) includes a
> totally rewritten apxs2 support. It is worth trying.

apache 2 itself isnt really ready for production and it has been a pain
since rh decided to include it in rh 8.0

viz

suexec / running cgi as different user/group in different virtual hosts
:-

replacement in Apache 2.0  is the perchild MPM

<quote>

This MPM does not currently work on most platforms. Work is ongoing to
make it functional.

</quote>

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/perchild.html

Apparently it has now been dropped in favour of something else, that has
also not been written yet ....

Lance
--
uklinux.net - The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.