RHL Severn - Initial Findings

Jack Bowling jbinpg at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 29 19:10:15 UTC 2003

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 01:42:17PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
<snip>
> 1) you can download, verify and examine the ISOs at your leisure
>    before starting the install, so you *know* they'll be healthy,

You can still be bitten by a bad file. I had this happen last week with
a RH9 install. I downloaded the RH9 ISOs from a mirror site but it
bombed on a file on Disc 3. Tried another mirror site and same thing.
Then I copied all the files to a hard drive partition, mounted Disc 3 on
loop and did a rpm-qpi on the bad file. Sure enough, it was munged and
I got no output from the command. Solution - I downloaded the good file
from the RH repository and reburned Disc 3 and all was fine.

--
Jack Bowling
mailto: jbinpg at shaw.ca