Mount Other filesystems

Maynard Kuona knxmay001 at mail.uct.ac.za
Wed Jul 30 01:16:55 UTC 2003

I think this is the biggest omission (OK maybe not), but I think Redhat
needs to configure itself to automatically mount FAT partitions without
requiring the user do that. In fact, it should mount any partitions it
recognizes automatically, and give them names in some determined way.
This could always be changed in fstab. It really irritates that after
installing Redhat 9, I have to mount the partitions manually. I know I
can do it during install, but its still too damn hard.

Having the partitions mounted as read/write should be ok too, I really
want to write to the windows partitions as a user, no dropping to root
for that.

And a graphical client to set up partitions wouldn't hurt either. And
neither would one for ftp. I know it might compromise security, but I
kind of have been spoiled by Warftp on Windows, and I would like a
frontend for vsftpd to do that.