Kernel 2.6.x in next RHL version. (Was: Re: First message >:) ).

Alejandro González Hernández - Imoq imoq at imoqland.com
Mon Jul 21 15:19:07 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 09:54, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> Given the schedule:
>   http://rhl.redhat.com/participate/schedule/
>
> we feel it's not really feasible that the 2.6 kernel will be completely
> stable, usable, and supporting all the necessary features for upgrades,
> etc. for us to ship it.

Wow! Now you are giving dates? That's a first, hehe, thank you.

For what I can read about it:

"Schedule
Cambridge
      * July 21 2003 - Beta 1 release
      * August 8 2003 - Stop Ship Mode starts (only StopShip bug fixes
        after this point)
      * August 18 2003 - Beta 2 release
      * September 15 2003 - Beta 3 release
      * October 6 2003 - General Availability

Cambridge++
No dates set yet, but a driving goal or defining characteristic will be
the 2.6 Linux kernel -- unless the 2.6 Linux kernel takes too long to
arrive. That is, we'll shorten the schedule to accomodate an earlier
release of the 2.6 kernel, but not lengthen it to accomodate a later
release of the 2.6 kernel."

Should I assume that next beta/next version WILL have a 2.6.x kernel?

Alex.

--
¡Sé libre, usa software libre!
Be free, use free software!