Graphical boot isn't so graphical

Dax Kelson dax at gurulabs.com
Mon Jul 21 22:51:31 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 16:43, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Jesse Keating (hosting at j2solutions.net) said:
> > On Monday 21 July 2003 15:37, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > > You have a separate /usr?
> >
> > Yes, could that be it?
>
> That is exactly it, actaully. rhgb tries to start before /usr
> is mounted, so it's very hard to run /usr/X11R6/bin/X in this
> case.
>
> Bill

Funny, I wrote about this problems 4 months ago in:

http://www.gurulabs.com/RedHatLinux9-review.html

"...the Red Hat Graphical Boot binary, /usr/bin/rhgb, is run. I note
that Red Hat should move it to /bin or /sbin as it will be a binary
required before /usr gets mounted. Before you get too excited, note that
the rhgb binary isn't included with RHL9."