Kernel 2.6.x in next RHL version. (Was: Re: First message >:)

Féliciano Matias feliciano.matias at free.fr
Mon Jul 21 23:20:34 UTC 2003

Le mar 22/07/2003 à 00:55, Alan Cox a écrit :
> > Perhaps it's time to push Alsa in Severn. OSS still be used in RHL 11
> > with kernel 2.6 or have you planed to use Alsa with Linux 2.6.
>
> If you want to spin a set of alsa add on packages that sounds precisely
> the kind of stuff we want to see happen.

http://freshrpms.net/ provides Alsa rpm (version 0.9.4) :
http://freshrpms.net/docs/alsa/

The OSS emulation of Alsa work great.
The "big picture" is sndconfig/kuduz/anaconda to switch to alsa.

I use Alsa since RH 6.0 :-)

But the true question is : if RedHat plan to use Alsa with Linux 2.6, i
don't need to fill a RFE in bugzilla.