Performance Issues with XMMS

Bill Rhodes wrhodes at 27.org
Tue Jul 22 06:39:42 UTC 2003

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Warren Togami wrote:

> I have noticed this behavior of the xmms-mp3 plugin ever since it had
> the NPTL bugfix.  Does the sound still skip if you play OGG files and do
> the same thing?  It doesn't for me.

I don't think this has anything to do with XMMS.  I can get the CPU to peg
at 100% just by dragging windows around, or running ls against /usr/lib
(or some other directory with a large number of files).  It happens
whether XMMS is playing (either MP3 or OGG files) or not.  Although
anytime the CPU usage gets that high, XMMS skips (for me at least).

-B