suggestions

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Tue Jul 22 17:31:28 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 06:43, Féliciano Matias wrote:
> Le mar 22/07/2003 à 08:02, Pekka Savola a écrit :
> > On 22 Jul 2003, Féliciano Matias wrote:
> > > * Add bittorrent because it's the best way to grab RedHat Linux.
> >
> > It's also a best way to grab something else, which may be a good enough
> > reason to avoid getting to be a target of certain legal activities.
>
> Bittorrent is not gnutella or edonkey.
>
> As i know, to use bittorrent to widely share some files you need a
> .torrent file publicly available. And nobody want to put a porn.torrent
> or a win2003.torrent file in his home page.

No they generally break into someone elses server and put the .torrent
file there. Most of the torrent traffic I have seen this summer has been
for versions of the Hulk Movie, and other super pirated crap. The
legitimate traffic was not to be found except when the beta occured.

Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Labrador  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 4-0645 (note new #)