Severn install summary

Jack Bowling jbinpg at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 22 19:28:23 UTC 2003

Dumped Severn on one of my play boxes yesterday. Totally uneventful
install. Congrats to all the crew. Some chagrin at not being allowed to
set boot runlevel during the install but this release is newbie-ized to
the extreme so I can see the rationale.

One glitch is that (as with thr RH9 beta) the first reboot after the
install seems to hang on the kudzu probe. I booted rescue from the CD
and killed kudzu and it proceeded fine after that. IIRC from the RH9
beta, it really isn't hung but instead it is timing out on one of the
services. I think it was CUPS then and possibly is now, too. No relevant
feedback on the output VTs, sorry.

This may be an issue with those not patient enough to let things time
out rather than endlessly reboot after the install.

--
Jack Bowling
mailto: jbinpg at shaw.ca