XFS ?

Matthias Saou matthias at rpmforge.net
Tue Jul 22 20:31:04 UTC 2003

Alan Cox wrote :

> > I noticed that the SGI XFS source code has been included in Severn's
> > kernel source tree.
> > Will XFS will be part of next official release of RedHat ?
>
> XFS will certainly be in the 2.6 based releases, maybe in 2.4 based
> stuff, and may even make the base 2.4 kernel in time - most of the
> infrastructure is now present.
>
> Whether we ship install support for it - I don't know.

Isn't this typically the type of module that would go into the
"kernel-unsupported" sub-package? I'd be very happy to be able to run xfs
at my own risk, being able to do it easily, and keeping a default Red Hat
Linux kernel.

Matthias

Raw Hide 20030718 running Linux kernel 2.4.20-20.1.2013.nptl
Load : 0.49 0.90 0.61