Sndconfig, does it have to go?

Benjamin Vander Jagt benjaminvanderjagt at adelphia.net
Wed Jul 23 01:37:45 UTC 2003

Is there any particular problem with sndconfig?  I and some of my
customers use older ('96) sound cards, like the Turtle Beach Tropez+.
No plug-and-play configuration has ever set it up right, and most just
lock up.  (In fact, I have *never* gotten the MIDI on these CS4232-based
cards to work.)

Some of the cards my customers and I use still run over $500 each.  I
understand that there could possibly be other ways to set up these sound
cards, but sndconfig seems to do so the best.  Is there some specific
problem with sndconfig for which it needs to be removed?  If so, would
you happen to know any better way to set up some of these older cards?

Thanks.

P.S.: Wow, now that I'm finally not getting batched mailing list, I can
see how amazingly active this list is!

--
Benjamin Vander Jagt <benjaminvanderjagt at adelphia.net>