kernel 2.6 and mouse issues

Mike Martin redtuxxx at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 23 09:07:56 UTC 2003

I know this is the beta list, but I know a lot here are using the new
kernel (esp the arjanv S/RPMs - thanks).

I am finding two wierdities which have been present for ages.

1. mousedev does not load on bootup - anyone any idea why?, obviously
I can put in a modprobe command in rc.local, but not really
satisfactory.

2. the mouse movement, not to put to fine a point on it, is
horrendous. What I mean is that it seems really jerky and accelerates
all over the place. 2.4.x is fine, I have seen this quite a bit.

Any one else seen this/ got workarounds.