Sndconfig, does it have to go?

Benjamin Vander Jagt benjaminvanderjagt at adelphia.net
Wed Jul 23 11:58:05 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 23:36, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Jack Bowling (jbinpg at shaw.ca) said:
> > But then after a couple of reboots, I opened up /etc/modules.conf and
> > there was my old Crystal card ready to go with the modules defined.
>
> kudzu will automatically configure sound cards with native ISAPnP support
> (i.e., those in modules.isapnpmap)
>
> Bill

All except for Turtle Beach Tropez+ ISAPnP cards.  :-D  It will see
them, but it will never configure them properly.  sndconfig will freeze
if I let it to a PnP probe...

It's a bummer, too, 'cause I have to go into Windows to use the
downright extraordinary wavetable systems on these cards...

Benjamin Vander Jagt <benjaminvanderjagt at adelphia.net>