Package requests (Re: First impressions and bugs)

Michel Alexandre Salim mas118 at york.ac.uk
Wed Jul 23 12:04:44 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 10:04, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> Michel Alexandre Salim <mas118 at york.ac.uk> writes:
>
> > My list:
> > Bogofilter - http://bogofilter.sourceforge.net
> > grandr_applet - resize X on-the-fly -
> > http://www.fedora.us/tempspecs/testing/grandr_applet.spec
>
> There is a Display Size dialog under preferences now that does R and R
> resizing.  It is better integrated with the way we handle this in GNOME,
> now.

Ah yes, just found it myself as well. There is a problem with it though
- it displays resolutions higher than the resolution set in XF86Config
(changable through System Settings->Display)

Found out about it the hard way - my 1400x1050 laptop LCD was configured
at 1024x768 even though the graphics card has 16MB of VRAM. Is there any
reason why this conservative setting is chosen by default?

Thanks,

Michel