Fonts

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Wed Jul 23 12:40:18 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 23:57, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:

> One thing that is puzzling is that even after installing
> bitstream-vera-fonts, the Bitstream fonts do *not* appear in any font
> listings. I had to manually run fc-cache in
> /usr/share/fonts/bitstream-vera, and even after that they are still not
> active.

Read the release-notes and scroll down to the font adding section.
There is an explanation of how to add fonts to /usr/share/fonts dir and
what commands to run.  I just performed it this morning, including
adding to ~/.fonts dir as well and both worked just fine.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."