Broadcom Drivers

Christopher C. Weis christopher-c-weis at uiowa.edu
Wed Jul 23 15:58:58 UTC 2003

Maybe not the correct place to voice this, but any chance of updating
the broadcom driver in RH's kernel to support chipsets that are
currently shipping with HP workstations?

The current HP xw4100 (and probably a lot of others) workstations that
HP is shipping have a Gig. Broadcom chipset in them, but the tg3 driver
doesn't support the newer chipsets.  Broadcom's own bcm5700 driver works
(under RH9 anyway).  The driver would need to be added to all the kernel
packages, as well as to the initrd in the installation images (boot.iso,
etc.)

I can make the modifications myself and submit them if anyone at RH is
interested.  I'm not sure how RH handles requests such as this, so
please fill me in if I'm way out of line.

Thanks.

~Chris