Severn notebook users experiencing hard lock-ups?

Michel Alexandre Salim mas118 at york.ac.uk
Wed Jul 23 16:35:09 UTC 2003

Hello,

I have been getting mysterious lock-ups when configuring network devices
for the first time (either neat or internet-druid), and a couple of
times after the system is fully set up and running neat (once) and rpm
(once).

Running fresh install of Severn on a Sony Z1MP, Centrino 1.3GHz, with
built-in wireless/bluetooth turned off and using a Lucent WaveLAN
802.11b card.

My suspicion lies with the kernel, I might file a bug report once I get
more details (will recompile a 2.6 kernel tomorrow and see if I could
crash 2.4.21 but not 2.6-test1)

Thanks in advance,

Michel