Severn doesn't install

Nathan Murphy nathanmurphy333 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 18:47:07 UTC 2003

--- "Michael K. Johnson" <johnsonm at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 03:25:59PM -0700, Nathan
> Murphy wrote:
> > This kernel does not boot on my box and neither
> does
> > Severn.  Can't install, won't work - you get the
> idea.
> >  Before this, I was running the kernel in the
> Rawhide
> > archives as of approx. 13 of June.  It was fine
> except
> > that when root I often had to tell commands (like
> rpm)
> > to assume the kernel was 2.4.5 or they would not
> run.
>
> Please try booting with the kernel command line
> entry
> acpi=off
>
> michaelkjohnson

I have tried this, and it has no impact. Again
kernel-2.4.20-20.1.2013.nptl from Rawhide works
flawlessly.  Severn's kernel does not.  Is there a
posting somewhere on the net of changes done by Redhat
between the kernel versions?  I'd like a chance to
read through that to try and limit the options of what
the problem could be.

Nate