Scanner works ... Network doesn't!

Jim A. Cornette jim-cornette at columbus.rr.com
Thu Jul 24 02:07:28 UTC 2003

I tried to install Severn on my old laptop. I couldn't get further than
/sbin/loader. .... No go for the Toshiba 490CDT.

On my desktop, a PowerSpecPC. The scanner worked and closed down
properly. It used to not turn back off, after the scan.

I lost my network connection though. This was an Upgrade from RHL 7.3 -
I used this only for CD burning and the Installation was not used often.

Here is the output from redhat-config-network. I love the save output to
file. I'll file a bug for this also.

My initial impression is that this distribution ought to be a great
advancement for Linux and Red Hat.

Output file attached.

Jim