IO error during install

listman listman at depfyffer.com
Thu Jul 24 02:56:51 UTC 2003

After reading a previous post I thought I would pay more attention to my
errors. Someone mentioned having problems with DMA and I thought I saw
reference to that on one of my screens (sorry I don't know the technical
term for ctrl+alt+F3 & F4 ) So I thought I would turn it off and give
the install one more try. I don't know how to disable it in the kernel
so when I got to the first screen I went to ctrl+alt+F2 and typed
hdparm -d0 /dev/hdc . After that install finished fine.

graphical boot is pretty nice but if it's going to be graphical I would
prefer it to be graphical from the get go (and yes I would like to have
a choice to see behind the scenes, I know this sounds familiar) Please
put a different image on there also, something like the first RedHat
screen that comes up during install would be nice

Now to see if I can get my nic driver on there without burning a cd.