Oracle 9.2 and RH9.0.93

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Jul 24 13:18:46 UTC 2003

It looks like the oracle installer is using a JVM compiled with a really
old version of GLIBC.  Is there any way to make the installer use a
different JVM, something like the 1.4.2 that's compiled for RHL 9 ?  If
the installer uses the "installshield" class, you can use the parameters
"-is:javahome /path/to/jdk"

Obviously you will have to first download an appropriate jdk.  However,
if the Oracle installer doesn't use InstallShild, that won't help.

Also, is there a compat-glibc to provide backwards compatibility in
Severn?  The package list shows a compat-libstdc++ but I can't seem to
find a compat-glibc... hmm.

--Jeremy