NVIDIA Question

Geoff Reedy vader21 at imsa.edu
Fri Jul 25 16:54:27 UTC 2003

As Havoc mentioned on this mailing list yesterday, we should be talking about
the bigger picture here.  I think a better discussion would be how can we
make the redhat configuration tools aware of third party, possibly closed
source, drivers, not just for video cards, but networks cards, printers, and
anything and everything else.  Not only that, but is it possible and is it
desirable.  Maybe like devising some sort of scheme where an RPM for a driver
can have a driverinfo file that the redhat tools can use to figure out how to
set up and configure devices using that driver.

Geoff Reedy