Tartoon?

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Fri Jul 25 22:56:27 UTC 2003

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, [ISO-8859-1] Féliciano Matias wrote:

> http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/beta/taroon/en/as/AMD64/RELEASE-NOTES-en :
>
> "EA (Extended Attributes) and ACL (Access Control Lists) functionality
>        is now available for ext3 file systems. In addition, ACL functionality
>        is available for NFS.
> - samba -- Samba can export ACL functionality in this release."

Samba in severn has this also, though it isn't a lot of use without
kernel support. What is maybe more interesting is that the samba in taroon
is version 3.

> RedHat use beta RHL 8.0 and 9 to improve ACL and nothing for RHL ?

There are other inconsistencies. I notice that aspell-ca which has been
dropped from severn due to licensing difficulties is still in taroon.

	Michael Young