speedstep-centrino how to use?

Michel Alexandre Salim mas118 at york.ac.uk
Sun Jul 27 11:42:31 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-07-27 at 06:30, Peter wrote:
> The kernel contains the speedstep-centrino driver which is compiled as a
> module. Does someone know how to use it?
>
> I can load it by insmod (Thinkpad T40p), but in the module list it is
> classified as unused. I suppose, additional steps are required.

No idea as yet; you could 'modprobe processor' and then access
information in /proc/acpi/processor/CPU0 - throttling could be set by
'echo N > throttling' but that worked without the centrino module
anyway. I had thought the 'performance' file could be tweaked once the
centrino module is loaded but echoing to it still results in.. nothing.

Would be really curious to know the answer myself.

Regards,

Michel