Intel 875P / Dell PowerEdge 400SC

Mark Hutchinson rhce at cybersurf.com
Mon Jul 28 13:13:14 UTC 2003

I was using that board with RHL9 and the latest errata kernel. I had to compile
a 2.4.21 kernel though to get the SATA drives working properly.

You have to install the OS with the BIOS set to legacy mode, then apply the new
kernel and switch back to enhanced mode.

Works fine now.

Mark

Quoting Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>:

> Hi,
>
> Will RHL 9 (with latest updates) work fine on an Intel 875P chipset,
> as in the Dell PowerEdge 400SC server?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> --    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>
> --    X/OS Experts in Open Systems BV   |   Phone: +31 20 6938364
> --    Amsterdam, The Netherlands        |     Fax: +31 20 6948204
>

> --

"Computers are like air conditioners:
They stop working properly if you open windows."