graphical boot - initdefault

Alvin Smith email at alvinsmith.com
Mon Jul 28 13:41:23 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 09:13, Alan Cox wrote:
> > At the Grub menu, I have three choices: 'e' to edit commands, 'a' to
> > modify kernel arguments, 'c' for a command line.  Which option do I use
> > to insert the 'nogui' switch?  Or is there somewhere else I should be
> > doing this?
>
> "a" then add  nogui

When I use the 'a' option, I get: "grub append> ro root=LABEL=/" on the
command line.  If I just add "nogui", I get:

mkrootdev: label /nogui not found
Mounting root filesystem
mount: error 2 mounting ext3
pivotroot: pivot_root(/sysroot,/sysroot/initrd) failed: 2
Freeing unused kernel memory: 120k freed
Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel