Who Monitors this list

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Mon Jul 28 15:45:46 UTC 2003

On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 10:51:59PM -0400, Rik van Riel wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jul 2003, Adrian Likins wrote:
>
> > when it comes time to decide priorites on
> > what gets fixed, things not in bugzilla
> > are easily lost.
>
> Or worse ... repeated ad infinitum.
>
> In bugzilla bugs and RFEs are visible until fixed, but on
> a mailing list they'll just drop out of people's memory
> by the end of the week/month.  This means a mailing list
> like this will see popular feature requests at least once
> a month, always followed by pretty much the same replies,
> flames, etc...
>
> Bugzilla is just nicer ;)

  Totally agree, I will just point out that if the bug is likely
to not be related to a Red Hat specific fix, it could be more
efficient to bugzilla to the upstream project, especially for
projects like XFree86/GNOME/KDE, etc ...
  Maybe we should build a Buzilla list associated with package
name and the given target module (other bug reporting system would
be fine too).

Daniel