File system corruption with Severn

Jean-Francois jef at tech-info.qc.ca
Mon Jul 28 21:53:16 UTC 2003

I've got file system corruption using Severn twice, some time after the
installation, I'm using a  PII-800 with a Intel 440ZX chipset based
board, and a Quantum 40Gig hd. After repaired the filesystem, I've got a
ton of error messages in the messages log:

hda: task_no_data_intr: status 0x51
hda: task_no_data_intr: error 0x04

With RedHat 5,2 to 9.0 never had any problems on this computer, it was
very stable, now very unstable.  I've got strange message too, when
trying to execute something, it said something like unable to execute
binary file when I tried to run some command, then I restarted the
system and the file executed perfectly.

My newer pc run perfectly with Severn.

Don't know what this is....