Missing kernel module? (kernel/drivers/scsi/advansys.o)

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Mon Jul 28 23:18:02 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 12:19:55PM -0700, Robert Lynch wrote:
> kernel-2.4.21-20.1.2024.2.1.nptl seems to lack the advansys scsi module
> required by my scanner's scsi input card.  I can make it manually with a
> Maybe this is a feature, not a bug?  No bug seems to have been filed on
> this.

You need to install the kernel-unsupported (or kernel-smp-unsupported)
package that matches your kernel.

We probably need to change that name since it gives the wrong impression
for the project :-)   We're just trying to set expectations...

So it's a feature, but the package name should probably be considered
a bug.

> Otherwise I find the severn beta astonishingly good.

Good to hear!

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/