build using shipped kernel config fails

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Jul 29 21:33:22 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 16:23, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   however, using that kernel source tree and config file
> (and gcc32) produced a compile error on the aic7xxx_osm module.
> how is that possible?  shouldn't doing what i described reproduce
> the kernel and modules exactly as they were shipped?

I presume you ran make mrproper on that source tree first?

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway <tcallawa(a)redhat*com> SAIR LCA, RHCE
Red Hat Enterprise Architect :: http://www.redhat.com
Project Leader for Aurora Sparc Linux :: http://auroralinux.org
GPG: D786 8B22 D9DB 1F8B 4AB7  448E 3C5E 99AD 9305 4260

The words and opinions reflected in this message do not necessarily
reflect those of my employer, Red Hat, and belong solely to me.

"Immature poets borrow, mature poets steal." --- T. S. Eliot