Mysql 4.x

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl1 at iadonisi.to
Wed Jul 30 00:39:16 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 19:10, Rick Johnson wrote:

[snip]

> Personally, I'd like to see the Licensing resolved and RH include their
> packages since they fit a bit "cleaner" into the Red Hat distribution.

  Um, maybe I'm missing something, but what licensing are you referring
to?  As best as I can tell, it's GPLed and has been for some time.  Even
the binary packages I grabbed from mysql.com have the 'License:' tag set
to 'GPL'.
  If memory serves, Red Hat has always built packages internally as a
matter of policy.  That may very well change with the new RHLP, but it
will very likely depend on how well the mysql.com packages measure up to
Red Hat's rpm guidelines.
--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator