bugs, bugs, bugs!

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Wed Jul 30 19:12:41 UTC 2003

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 01:42:32PM -0400, Elton Woo wrote:
> To be more specific: I've been requesting that my USB scanner be
> automatically preconfigured ... *for the past three releases*. IMVHO,
> since Red Hat is aiming to be more "user friendly" isn't this a _reasonable_
> request?

No knowledge of this specific bug, but the binary toggle "reasonable"
vs. "not reasonable" isn't the right way to think about it.

There are two things that matter:

 - the position of each request in developer's priority queue
 - how many developers there are that have priority queues

To improve this, as a project including non-Red-Hat people we can do
two things:

 - have more developers and thus more queues, by letting more
   people contribute
 - improve the priority queue; for example via the bugzilla methods I
   posted

Havoc