Ted Tso on htree stability

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Thu Jul 31 01:57:46 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 07:35:03AM +0800, Yusuf Goolamabbas wrote:
> Response by Ted Tso to Bill Nottingham's post about htree instability
> and this its non inclusion in severn

Yeah, and it was thought stable when we included it before, too.
I know that bugs were fixed, but that doesn't mean there aren't
more to find; we'll find out in time.  "We don't happen to know
of any bugs right now" is an insufficient metric.

This isn't in disagreement with anything Ted has said; I don't
think he was necessarily arguing for it to be included.  And,
in keeping with our modified policy of trying to stick closer
to upstream (I know, we've got the legacy of lots of patches in
our current kernel, but we don't need to make it worse) I'd want
to have seen it already in Marcelo's kernel first.  That shouldn't
be construed as a suggestion that Marcelo should include it.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/