next up: trying to build/boot a 2.6.0-test[x] kernel

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 31 04:48:26 UTC 2003

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Milan Kerslager wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 02:57:45PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >
> >   based (loosely) on my 2.4 kernel config file, i've built both
> > a 2.6.0-test1 and 2.6.0-test2 kernel, and tried to boot both of
> > them.
>
> Try http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/2.5/
>
> Use precompiled or grab .config from kernel-source package and try to
> modify this one (at lest to do not forget something).

depressingly, that worked.  which means i have no idea what was
the problem with building from the original source.  but it's late,
and i'm not going to fret at this point.

so far, things are looking good.  current config on the inspiron includes:

  - severn
  - 2.6.0 test2 kernel
  - latest (4496) nvidia driver (patched for 2.6.0)
  - linksys wireless pcmcia

what to do next?  ACPI?  LVM2?  ....  lord, i hope i remember to write
down how i did all this.

rday