Delay? Looks bad for Fedora

Mike Lurk mike.lurk at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 4 14:10:50 UTC 2003

Subject: Re: Delay?  Looks bad for Fedora
From: Maxwell Kanat-Alexander <maxka at myrealbox.com>
To: fedora-test-list at redhat.com
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 14:55:48 -0800

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 06:57, Mark Hutchinson wrote:
> What is the delay due to on the release?
> [snip]
> This may have been posted before, but I missed it.

        It was posted a few days ago, by Michael K. Johnson. It was
posted
again today, too, I think, in another thread.

        I am chuckling a bit over here -- Fedora's beating the h*ll out
of
certain _other_ products as far as, um _release delay_ goes.

        -M

I agree. Look at Microsoft (maybe I shouldn't have mentioned them here
but heck) they delay and delay and after about 6 months they release it
but still full of bugs. Look at the lawsuits Microsoft has to deal with
because of all the the bugs in their OS. I'd rather wait the few extra
days to be sure that everything is fixed that can be fixed.

I am happy with the way things are going with Fedora. Who needs support.
If I can't fix it nobody can. If you need help with anything there is
always the IRC chat for Fedora.

Mike