RH recommends using Windows?

Marcos mcolome1 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 21:17:02 UTC 2003

I think you are correct on your opinion, because there are
a lot of people that have taken loans and money from their bank account in
order to take a course in order to
become a RHCE or RHCI and now they are in the middle of nowhere. I am not a
corporate defenders, they
have not done anything for manking, what I care is about
the people that have placed their trust and money in Redhat. I do not care
if Microsoft is dishonest or whatever if Microsoft make money from one
source or
another or If Redhat has  to pay their investor, that is all
part of the tricks of the business world, capital is like a
prostitute it goes to the best offer.
Redhat spent a lot of time attacking Microsoft because
it was not a good desktop os, but now they are trying to
compete with Microsoft and maybe their product will become more expensive
than Microsoft, it was just a
business propaganda.

There are others choices that are not so greedy and dishonests that have not
stick the knifes in the back of the
people, even there are some stores and vendors that have
Redhat products on their shelfs that have not been sold
and will not be sold, or have to be sold at a discount or at
cost if Redhat does not take them back, those stores owner are going to
think it twice before acepting any Linux products, it might help Redhat
investors but not Linux prestiges. Many people were trusting that Redhat was
going to be the desktop distro of the future and they
were prophetizing that for years, even bluecurve was part
of that bla bla bla.
If they were planning to do that at least they should have
create a period of transition or inform the public in a different manner,
because probably we are going to have
to throw away all their old disks, because there will be not more support or
maybe updating in the future for personal or professional edition, maybe
fedora will pick up the boxing gloves for them,  maybe fedora will continue
the idea of becoming a os for desktop.
I am glad we still have Slackware, Debian, FreeBSD and
Libranet that are still working for the desktop, and they also have staff to
pay salaries if they do not change their
mind in the future, maybe Mandrake Linux will do the same in the same manner
that it was done by Suse Linux
that the merger was also done by surprise, I do not think
they can call themselves open source, becasue they are
becoming more and more propietary everyday.
There are many developers that have worked for Linux
without any monetary compesation and they have help
those companies to become big monsters, my admiration
goes toward them, because they wanted something better
for the public, it is like debian that is a free project and
freebsd . Anyway any society based on profit the  public
is the last resource and the last opinion.